Marinated Tomatoes on Baguette
Did you know tomatoes store really well? They can be cut in half and frozen, dehydrated, or made into a sauce to can or freeze.
- 3 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
Arrange tomatoes in a large shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake well. Pour over tomato slices. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
For serving guests, arrange tomatoes on a plate, toss on a fresh sprig of parsley and serve with warm Bruschetta